There are many items in our cupboards which are toxic to cats should they be ingested. These items should be kept away from our cats, and if out and being used should be kept with the lid on. This is important as your cat may be put through unnecessary distress and maybe death if they stumble across an open bottle. A few summers ago, we were having the front of our house painted and our front door polished and waxed. The decorator used a small tin to keep the wax in and then the paint. Whilst he went to his van, Tigger found the small pot and licked from it. He came inside howling and foaming brown foam from the mouth. I rushed him to the vets, where he was found to have chemical burns down his throat and stomach from the mixture and he was very unwell.
Should your cat ingest something nasty, take them to the vet immediately and if possible take the bottles of the substance they have eaten so the vet knows which chemicals have been eaten.
|antifreeze||furniture polish||paint remover|
|aspirin||gasoline||bleach hair coloring|
|photographic developers||boric acid||herbicides|
|pine-oil disinfectants||brake fluid||insecticides|
|rubbing alcohol||carburetor cleaner||kerosene|
|de-icers for melting snow||dandruff shampoo||laxatives|
|snail, slug or bug bait||diet pills||matches|
|suntan lotion with cocoa butter||disinfectants||metal polish|
|drain cleaner||mineral sprits||turpentine|
|dry-cleaning fluid||mothballs||windshield-washer fluid|
|dye||nail polish||wood preservatives|
|fire-extinguisher foam||nail-polish remover|